As a litigator, John Q. Stoltze is proud to represent John Q. Public in any way he can, through trial and appeal. He passionately pursues his clients’ interests and tells it to them straight. Working with his dedicated team, he aims to get the best result possible for his clients and guides them through the hurdles and processes their legal claims will put in front of them.
John likes to focus his expertise in personal injury, car accidents, and workers’ compensation, but often finds himself jumping into civil rights law and contract and insurance law, with the occasional class action on the side. Like the law, ever changing, John focuses on the problems his clients have at the time and will endeavor to aid them. Through years of practice, John has helped obtain favorable outcomes for numerous clients.
John came from a family of lawyers, with his father and two of his brothers practicing before he, as the youngest, was finally able to get himself to law school at Des Moines’ local Drake University Law School. Now, he and his brother Bruce Jr. practice in their own firm as partners with their team of legal professionals. Working with his family has led him to benefit from the decades of experience of those that came before him.
When outside of practice, he gets involved with the Iowa Association for Justice and interacts with the many attorneys that field the organization, spends time donating to the occasional charity for organizations like the Blank Children’s Hospital and the iCare Eat-a-thon, and works with his friends on a budding media business, BS Legal By Design. When he comes home, he cuddles up with his lovely partner and their adorable yellow lab, Logan.
Here is what some of John’s clients have said about him:
“I was so happy to have found this firm. John was amazing”
“If I couldn’t come to the office, they would come to me. I was having medical issues and they stayed by my side and actually cared about me and what I was going through. I would definitely recommend this firm to anyone and everyone. I couldn’t have been happier with my outcome and with my attorney John.”
Accident Claim, a very long and drawn out process but John Stoltze … did a great job for us. Very happy with his guidance through the process.
“Handled my vehicle accident case with great knowledge and professionalism. I recommend attorney John Stoltze for anyone who has been involved/injured in a car accident and new proper representation..”
Personal Injury Client
- Personal Injury/Car Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Constitutional Law and Civil Rights Law
- Class Action Litigation
- Drake University Law School, J.D., 2015
- University of Iowa, B.B.A. Finance, 2011
Bar and Court Admissions
- Iowa Bar
- Southern District of Iowa (Federal)
- Northern District of Iowa (Federal)
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (Federal)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- How to vote in Iowa on Election Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXj8qJNLu8
- Workplace Harassment Oral Argument in front of the Iowa Court of Appeals
- Des Moines Register article on police lawsuit https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2020/10/05/des-moines-police-lawsuit-claiming-unlawful-arrest-polk-county-jail-trial/3593348001/
- iCare Eat-a-thon Emmenecker Challenge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAoBbe00OiQ
- Facebook profile